Friday, June 24, 2011

Rabbitry Update

Over a decade ago I was introduced to the world of rabbits.  My younger sister purchased her first rabbit in the Fall of 2000 and I purchased my first rabbit in the Spring of 2007.  The gap between the purchase of her first bunny and mine does not mean I wasn't invovled with them during all those years. 

My sister's first rabbit was a black Mini Rex, christened "Blackey" (what kind of name would you expect an eight year old to name a black rabbit?).  Next came a pair of Mini Lops, Adam and Eve (yeah...I know).  From Adam and Eve we got three rabbits who reigned the show tables for three years.  These Mini Lops were named Lady Clair, Jack-Jack, and Ringo.  From Lady Clair we got another rabbit; a Chestnut Agouti named Shar-Pei, who also did well on the show tables. 

I got into Flemish Giants.  My first pair was a Sandy Doe named Myrtle Mae and a Fawn Buck named Mr. Wilson.  From these two I got a few good bunnies for the show table, but unfortunately there are not many people raising Flemish in my area. 

Now, I am down to five Mini Lops from my sisters rabbitry (she sold her rabbitry to me) and 2 from my rabbitry. 
Mini Lop Solid Black Buck - Adam - 8 years old

Flemish Giant Fawn Doe - Harlow - 3 years old

Flemish Giant Sandy Doe - Myrtle Mae - 5 years old

Mini Lop Solid Black Doe - Emma Pearl - 5 years old

Mini Lop Solid Gold Tipped Steel Doe - Lady Clair - 6 years old 

Mini Lop Buck Solid Gold-Tipped Steel - Jack-Jack - 6 years old


Mini Lop Solid Chestnut Agouti Buck - Shar-Pei - 5 years old


No comments:

Post a Comment