Monday, May 23, 2011

Granola Greatness!

Last week one of my co-workers brought in some homemade granola mix that she had made for her daughter as part of a "final's week survival kit". That inspired me to try to make some myself. It will be a good snack for me while I'm in college and just in general.

I admit, I didn't scour the internet for recipes. I did however do a few google searches that came up with many granola recipes that called for pure maple syrup. Sorry, I can't afford any pure maple syrup in my present situation. So I continued my hunt. I found a recipe for Honey Granola in a cookbook I already had "1999 Taste of Home Annual Recipes".  I had to, of course, spice it up a little to my own taste (and what we had in the pantry), but I really like the turn out!

1/4 c. Honey (I like local honey)
1/4 c. melted butter
1 tbsp. brown sugar (light or dark)
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 c. rolled oats (Quaker Oatmeal!)
1/2 c. unprocessed bran
1/2 c. salted peanuts (Planters!)

Take a 9-inch square baking pan, mix honey, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Add the rolled oats and bran and mix together.  Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.  Stir in the peanuts.  Cool.  And ENJOY!  Store in a cover container.
Posted by Picasa
Next time I want to add raisins and maybe pretzels and white chocolate chips or something.  If you have any good granola or other easy to transport snack recipes, send them my way!  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment