Sunday, May 22, 2011

Eggbert!

Everyone, meet Eggbert! He is my new pig! Made out of Red Heart SuperSaver yarn. He is about 18 inches long and about 7 inches tall, complete with blue button eyes and a curly tail. I named him Eggbert, because I say that if I were to get another puppy, my dog Arnold would want him called Eggbert.

I had no pattern for Eggbert he evolved as I crocheted. I started with his head, the snout first then the rest. Next came his body with a brown belt around his belly. Last was his legs, ears and tail.

Currently, Eggbert is spending the next week at the Sacramento County Fair and was judged yesterday morning. I have yet to discover his placing, but I'm hoping that he is loved by the judges.

I plan on making a cow, horse, goat and sheep to keep Eggbert company. The next project I work on will be made out of more "natural" yarn. I have decided to move away from acrylic and nylon yarns and focus more on wools, cottons, bamboos, angoras, alpaca, and other "natural" yarns. I'm not a crazy hippie, just a young lady, with a desire to move toward back to our roots.

With my next project-with-out-a-pattern, I will definitely write it down and let everyone in on my secret. I regret not doing that with Eggbert, but there was so much ripping out stitches and trying again, it would have been impossible to read. If anyone out there has any patterns for crocheted animals I would be more than happy to recieve them.

Good Luck at Fair Eggbert! And God Bless everyone else!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment