Monday, January 16, 2012

Do you know the Muffin Man?

I had a revelation while looking through our cookbook collection.  Why don't I make up some muffins and freeze them before I go back to school?  I googled it to make sure that I could freeze either muffins or batter.  And lo and behold I could freeze both!  Susanne at Hillbillyhousewife.com gave me the confirmation I needed to proceed with my new adventure (http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/how-to-freeze-muffins.htm)!  A few years ago my Grandma gave me a nifty cookbook "1 Mix, 100 Muffins" by Susanna Tee.
Last night I started with Crumble Topped Cheese & Chive Muffins.  The recipe made about 16 muffins (rather than the dozen that the recipe cited) so I froze a dozen and baked off four for my family to eat fresh. I love this recipe and I'm excited to be able to bake off one at a time while I'm away at school!  Tonight I'm going to make the Jelly Doughnut Muffins with some of my homemade strawberry jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment