Saturday, December 11, 2010

Who Needs 4-Wheel Drive, When You've Got 4-Leg Drive?

One of my friends recently added three horses to her family.  Well, her mother did, but still, they are in my friend's life.  I must admit, these are some of the prettiest horses I've met.  My friend has requested my assistance with these new family members, and I am only too happy to oblige. 

I am by no means  a horse expert, but I do read a lot on the subject, have been involved in horse-related activities for a long time and picked up a few things here and there.  I enjoy horses, I will forever be in awe of the majestic beast.  My heart's desire is to raise draft horses, Shires, Belgians, & Gypsys.  Keep in mind I am a barely 5 foot tall, petite young lady.  These horses are giants in comparison to me, with the exception of the Gypsys.  I don't know why I am in love with drafts, maybe it is their history, or maybe there rarity, or maybe I'm just a horse-crazy girl.  Whatever it is, draft horses amaze me with their strength, power and grace. 

My friends horses are the run of the mill quarter horses & a quarter pony.  But still majestic and beautiful.  I am excited to join my friend on the journey of learning more and more about the beautiful beasts.  I hope this will open doors for myself and my friend to trail ride and maybe even show horses.  I will keep you all up to date on this particular adventure.  And I will be posting reviews of some horse-related books.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment