Friday, November 12, 2010

Animal Invasion!

I have recently made three crocheted stuffed animals; a bunny rabbit, a manta ray and a whale. And I must say I love how they all turned out. I used the patterns out of "Super-Super Cute Crochet" by Brigitte Read.  There are 35 different animals to crochet, including:
Pomeranian, Bunny Rabbit, Kitten, Percy Pig, Siberian Hamster, Puppy, Cat, Cow, Polar Bear, Penguin, Turtle, Crocodile, Frogs and Toads, Walrus, Manta Ray, Squid, Whale, Shrimp, Platypus, Snail, Flamingo, Tortoise, Hippo, Guinea Pig, Anteater, Butterfly, Bluebird, Toucan, Owl, Panda, Koala, Silkworm, Mole, Arctic Fox, and Dragon


I plan to make many more of these little guys and market them via craigslist and local craft fairs.  The best part about these creatures is that they are much larger than I expected.  I expected little tiny animals and I got nice stuffed animals that kids can play with. 

There is one problem that I have found so far with this book.  There are some mistakes in it.  The stitch count for many of the rows is off.  In the manta ray I just did the stitch count for the body is 52 single crochet stitches, not 62 stitches.  I have no problem correcting them, crossing out the wrong number and filling in the correct.  I have learned not to worry about "ruining" books that I use. 

Personally, I do not mind going through and fixing the mistakes as I make each animal.  But I know some people don't want to take the time to do that.  I may over a period of time post the corrections, not the entire pattern, but the row counts on this blog.  But not today. 

Tomorrow, I may visit Michael's in my way home from work, use the gift card my sister got me for my birthday and buy some more yarn to make some more little animal friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment